turok 2 online forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
twitch live
google traductor2

TUROK 2 links

geocounter

compteurs pour blog
visits
CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis) ?rvb=%23000000&texte=%23FFFFFF&hauteur=155&largeur=120&afficher=all

CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis)

+3
kubpica
Birdskiller
azface
7 posters

Go down

CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis) Empty CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis)

Post by azface 14th March 2014, 14:48

I saw Vis server entitled Co-op single player today and thought "huh"?  So I clicked on to join and received this message: Could not open level set " data/Seeds of Evil.lsm".

Has anyone played this yet? If so, do you have this file mentioned above?

Just wondering if it was a single player game map for co-op play, with the original monsters etc,  perhaps like a bot vs player team deathmatch thing?

Azza
azface
azface

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis) Empty Re: CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis)

Post by Birdskiller 14th March 2014, 22:17

azface wrote:I saw Vis server entitled Co-op single player today and thought "huh"?  So I clicked on to join and received this message: Could not open level set " data/Seeds of Evil.lsm".

Has anyone played this yet? If so, do you have this file mentioned above?

Just wondering if it was a single player game map for co-op play, with the original monsters etc,  perhaps like a bot vs player team deathmatch thing?

Azza
hey azza, i already asked lol: for now it's impossible to join without error, file missing or game crashing if we try to rename an existing file.

server is for test only, quoting vis.

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 15th March 2014, 19:34

If someone wants to test:
Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/0a8o6ngoye76p1r/T2+CO-OP.rar
kubpica
kubpica

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdskiller 15th March 2014, 22:38

kubpica wrote:If someone wants to test:
Download - http://www.mediafire.com/download/0a8o6ngoye76p1r/T2+CO-OP.rar
thanks kub, but can you explain lol

i did download and copy files, i can host or join the co-op, the game dont crash anymore, but i still i only see a black screen.

is it normal? if another player joins, can we see the map maybe?

Birdskiller

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 19th March 2014, 16:44

It's normal. We can't see map :/
kubpica
kubpica

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdskiller 20th March 2014, 15:00

kubpica wrote:It's normal. We can't see map :/
damn! for once we get a new maps after ten years, we can't see shit on this  Evil or Very Mad  Sad  No

well thx for answer anyways kub lol

Birdskiller

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 21st March 2014, 13:41

yeah :/
kubpica
kubpica

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalTS 25th March 2014, 22:04

Is there any other change than renaming Seeds of Evil.lss to Seeds of Evil.lsm?
RoyalTS
RoyalTS

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis) Empty Never give up!!

Post by MR_GR1MM 6th October 2014, 03:19

Why did people give up on the online co-op? clearly it was at least possible:

kubpica wrote:Let's play Turok2 CO-OP! - Port of Adia /w Vis [#1] (test5 Razz ) - youtu.be/q8E3fugeEDU

I'm not exactly sure what needs to be configured, does anyone know if it is just the settings file? or is it the .lsm file? Because I wasn't even aware that .lsm files could be edited.. I f knew a little bit more about these files and how they interact I believe I could likely get this working 100% (proficient in C++, C#, bash, etc.), so I'd like to give this a try!  Idea
MR_GR1MM
MR_GR1MM

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2014-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 6th October 2014, 16:07

We can't publish this for now. It can be used for evil purposes Neutral
kubpica
kubpica

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 6th October 2014, 16:23

MR_GR1MM nice to hear that you can help. We can show you how to open CO-OP Wink
kubpica
kubpica

Back to top Go down

Post by MR_GR1MM 6th October 2014, 17:16

Thanks to everyone for the help and support! I truly do love the series (I believe it is one of the greatest that exists) so I am very excited to start work on this! Smile May I ask what you mean by "evil purposes"?

kubpica wrote:We can't publish this for now. It can be used for evil purposes Neutral

...this is Turok 2 "seeds of evil" after all... lol
MR_GR1MM
MR_GR1MM

Back to top Go down

CO-OP SINGLE PLAYER ERROR (Vis) Empty Help

Post by MR_GR1MM 9th October 2014, 16:25

kubpica wrote:MR_GR1MM nice to hear that you can help. We can show you how to open CO-OP Wink

Was chatting with Ry the other day. He explained to me why this is such a dangerous process, so I understand the concern. I would like to come up with an alternative that doesn't involve exposing the servers, is that possible? Forgive me for my lack of understanding on this matter but, it seems to me that what we need for CO-OP to work is the ability to run the 'set level' command from within the server. Wouldn't it work just as well if we could somehow trick the Turok2MP.exe into thinking that SeedsofEvil.lss is a legitimate game type (so it could be run as host)? That way, 'set level' command would be possible! Smile
MR_GR1MM
MR_GR1MM

Back to top Go down

Post by Ry 11th October 2014, 00:12

When you host an integrated server, which is through the game setup, you'll be able to use the "set level etc" command.

Only for dedicated servers, where you need to open two programs first to turn the server on, the command doesn't let you use the level change command and the program that lets it work can't be isolated to just the server host from what I was told.

With those two things above, you would just need to copy the level changing ways of the integrated server hosting and build it into the dedicated server hosting and the only person I've seen who has edited the dedicated server host files is Basber, so maybe he can do it.

Other than that, if it can't be done, then maybe T2 co-op can be done through an integrated setup some how.

Well, those are my two ideas that I can think of. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to share. Smile
Ry
Ry

Number of posts : 3416
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 11th October 2014, 11:42

Good news!
I found way how to make teleport works Very Happy
And I have idea how to hide "evil purposes". I need more tests, work and maybe soon we will meet in game and we kick dinosaurs ass.

#pseudoenglish
kubpica
kubpica

Back to top Go down

Post by kubpica 11th October 2014, 12:01

MR_GR1MM, We know to get set level command, but you just can;t open other levels than 0 level ("Don't delete" level) by normal way Sad . I found other way where you can open this all levels, but teleports don;t work. And now I found way how to make teleports work Razz
I hope you understand. And thx, you motivated me to start work at co-op again Wink
kubpica
kubpica

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 11th October 2014, 14:54

Great news, i reading here, ty guys! : ))))
I hope that will finish testing of win 8.1 on my pc, soon, and start hosting from tonight or tomorow. Will asist you with 2 test server. Keep good work!
vis
vis

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Post by MR_GR1MM 11th October 2014, 15:26

Ry wrote:When you host an integrated server, which is through the game setup, you'll be able to use the "set level etc" command.

Only for dedicated servers, where you need to open two programs first to turn the server on, the command doesn't let you use the level change command and the program that lets it work can't be isolated to just the server host from what I was told.

With those two things above, you would just need to copy the level changing ways of the integrated server hosting and build it into the dedicated server hosting and the only person I've seen who has edited the dedicated server host files is Basber, so maybe he can do it.

Other than that, if it can't be done, then maybe T2 co-op can be done through an integrated setup some how.

Well, those are my two ideas that I can think of. If I think of anything else, I'll be sure to share. Smile

I agree with you on this Ry, I think our best bet would be to get the games integrated server to recognize COOP as a legitimate game type. That seems like the most feasible solution to me.. maybe I will contact Basber to gain some better insight on this, as I've no idea how to go about doing this. :/ But since Kub seems to have found a more immediate solution, I would be happy to help him test out this new theory! Very Happy
MR_GR1MM
MR_GR1MM

Back to top Go down

Post by MR_GR1MM 11th October 2014, 15:38

kubpica wrote:MR_GR1MM, We know to get set level command, but you just can;t open other levels than 0 level ("Don't delete" level) by normal way Sad . I found other way where you can open this all levels, but teleports don;t work. And now I found way how to make teleports work Razz
I hope you understand. And thx, you motivated me to start work at co-op again Wink

That's great news Kub! I am very excited to see this in action! Please let me know if I can help and if/when you plan on hosting this gametype! I get notifications to my cell whenever you guys post in this thread so I will respond as soon as I hear from you guys! Very Happy Out of curiosity, did you figure this out through command interface of multiplayer? Or was there programming involved?? o.O
MR_GR1MM
MR_GR1MM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum