turok 2 online forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
twitch live
google traductor2

TUROK 2 links

geocounter

compteurs pour blog
visits
GRIMM's room - Page 2 ?rvb=%23000000&texte=%23FFFFFF&hauteur=155&largeur=120&afficher=all

GRIMM's room

+6
i3atur8rainz
vis
Birdskiller
CHIRAC
jag
MR_GR1MM
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

GRIMM's room - Page 2 Empty Re: GRIMM's room

Post by jag 27th January 2015, 11:57

maybe it was his father that i saw then, I don't care... but do you really believe a word from him (after his actions) ? I don't..  hector has twelve sexy bunny girls in his mansion & he is not 40. like birdy said it's understandable if a young guy cheats for a short time but hector cheats constantly
jag
jag

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2014-04-01

http://jagercondoms.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 27th January 2015, 12:16

Sorry, not saw your post, Bird, until now. Allow me to reply:
Age of hector is what I defend most! It is what motivate me with GoT group, that every beginner have good example, so some bugs are not for showing them, some events can't play front them, like using tranner program to chase other cheater, and on end, ask self is correct that, in normal, human tolerance, we should sacrifice piece of own time, and teach them and no just frag them until they leave server or start thinking you using something. Hector is victim too, of others. And he find 'revenge' in studyng forbidden. All what needed is that others, older, better players should teach him. Hey, he was in Ry's clan, he was in others clans and he even make own. And all what I see on his server is that he still see us for cheaters, is that proof to you, that he is 40 y old?!
Avenger is typical example of 'I will not use skill, I will have American fun, will use cheats' , we could say, but! I even give him chance, and I was give my time in it. On end he still flying around : L So he is person that not need our help and not like this game. But hector still playing T2. So I make difference. When I let hector on my server, every person who was have problem with him, was informed that will play with that person, so he could leave server or say own opinon. I was ,on my server, respected freedom and always I will. And you are right, Bird, for Hector understanding, if I said him to not play with others, he doing that. That is what I mean for suspension. He left my server  by knowing that his auto aim program will not tolerated. He was make bot, program that plays instead him, by using quake code and that bot is most advanced what I saw, but in that moment all become clear, for me why we saw such 1 shot = 1 frag moments. So I couldn't find that truth on any other way, if you look realistic, all come from his mouth (I have in chat log, I think) and I am glad that I can protect people from it, cos now know what to espect. So, please not trash talk , Ry, about me, and numbers. You let hector in game, means you was in same place where i was, with same wish to give him chance. And I respect it. So , bird, we all have right on own decision, but not think that i was doing anything without reason. We all like this game, i think and i believe we can hold it. We not played a long time, bird, join on some games. : )
vis
vis

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2012-05-12

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Korlikos/

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 27th January 2015, 12:32

And yea, Hooligan, likes to go on long trips, in other world places. I am sure we will see him soon : D
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ry 27th January 2015, 13:34

vis wrote:From who, he was getting cheats, who learned him, why he is tolerated?! So many rhetoric questions.
It's not rhetoric. They're facts. Actual facts with proof.
Why he's tolerated? You tell us. You're the one who keeps letting him back in again.

vis wrote:He not invented early cheats or they not fall from sky.
No. As I said, Bad Lizard handed them out to everyone. I'll grab the screen now.

GRIMM's room - Page 2 Ztchet10

For the record, I didn't request shit.
He just joined, fragged my server with me just in it, had a laugh and I said "Atleast you're the only one doing this crap." and that's when the server was made.

vis wrote:It is exactly half of my point, they can't go in walls without bad example, without other bad people to teach them. And facebook is what he make, mate. Fact is that I have ss and chat log where I and he talking, and he spontaneous talks how his mather calling him, how he must study for his univeritety... It is not fake. I used your 'finding' that he is old man to amuse Ry, when we was talked in late hours, for sake of joking. Ry was get joke serius : I
You never gave me any proof of anything. You just told me he wasn't a kid.
I saw the proof of what Jager made through IceKilla. Hector's not a kid.
Those "facts" about Hector are an absolute joke.

vis wrote:And hector is only person who make first anti cheat program, for which I , jeff and sebas can say that it works, for basic cheats, but only for 2 person on server. So I said to Ry that it is not complited/functional, and I and Ry was make same error, by forcing Hector to show us it or we will bann him, so we give him part of reason for hate. That is fact too. I was really stupid and I am sorry cos that.
It's not an anti-cheat program, as it doesn't do anything when someone changes anything. It just shows if someone has changed something or not. Macro settings can get around this feature without a problem. Hector's already starting a macro process with God Mode on and off. Why is he doing this?

With his version of God Mode on, the person can hit him, collects zero pain and does zero damage. Only explosions can do damage. The problem he's having, is that he can't shoot while doing this.
When he turns it off, he can shoot again and get hit again.
Don't believe me, use my name and character in CT's server and just wait for him. uBernoob and I had some fun with him, though we weren't playing. We were just talking, while I was waiting to see if CT would get online.

I didn't make any error with Hector. I banned Hector because he was cheating and people were complaining. I caught him in the act, period.

There is no hate from me to Hector. He's an idiot. He's been cheating for seven, yes, SEVEN years. Enough's enough already.

jag wrote:maybe it was his father that i saw then, I don't care... but do you really believe a word from him (after his actions) ? I don't.. hector has twelve sexy bunny girls in his mansion & he is not 40. like birdy said it's understandable if a young guy cheats for a short time but hector cheats constantly
It's not his father. Hector's aware of everything he does. He knows what he's doing. You caught his Facebook page. He even has himself on a dating website. I'll see if I can find it again. Here it is. His email I searched, lordserafan@hotmail.com
http://www.hi5.com/profile.html?uid=5263134

vis wrote:Hector is victim too, of others
Oh my God, what is wrong with you. The amount of times I complained to IceKilla when he was hosting years back long before I was, about this idiot. I had to always buzz him to get into the server, because he would piss off with hiding in walls and offsetting everyone.

vis wrote:Hey, he was in Ry's clan
Yeah, cheers for that. As soon as he was caught cheating, he was out and by out, I mean banned. He also snuck in hiding his IP as someone else and joined back. This was before I knew about that stuff. This was in 2009. You can't use this for today. I actually did something about the problem, unlike yourself.

vis wrote:So, please not trash talk , Ry, about me, and numbers.
I'm not trash talking. It's the truth. We've had this talk before. Just not out the in open. Hector's the worst of the worst and you kept wanting proof after proof. You got it, but no, it's not good enough for you, so you make excuses for him, as you have with others, to avoid banning anyone, just so it's all about the numbers.

vis wrote:You let hector in game, means you was in same place where i was, with same wish to give him chance.
I first let Hector in in 2009 when I was new to the game. After that, I got rid of him for good. In 2014 when I wasn't around and returned, I had lost most proof about certain people. Hector was one of them. Sure I could've banned Hector then and there if I wanted to, but the mistake I made years back of banning people was that I had nothing to show for it, as when something happened, I acted on what it was. (This wasn't all related to people cheating.) This only created more problems and I didn't want history to repeat itself. (I could've banned someone who did cheat, then they would mouth off that I said this or that about someone, then that would start problems with someone else.) I had to wait for Hector to cheat again and cheat again he did. Then he was gone. I told you the only reason I let him back in was because I knew he would cheat. I didn't give him a chance.

You're just making excuse after excuse for this guy and you want to bring new players into this game, yet you refuse to fix the problem that's there infront of you.

vis wrote:And yea, Hooligan, likes to go on long trips, in other world places. I am sure we will see him soon : D
Seriously man, what's wrong with you. He doesn't want to join back. He's tired of joining, starting a game and then Hector joins. He just quits when that crap happens. What's so difficult about banning someone who has been cheating for seven years straight without a break?! Shit, if Hector gets a free pass in your book, everyone will and since Hector has seven years on them, it only gives them plenty of chance after chance after chance. What example does that set to new players.
Ry
Ry

Number of posts : 3416
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Assdigger 27th January 2015, 14:12

When Dave and I hosted a few years ago and we allowed hector in for having helped us host shit went ok for a few days.

but i think you all know how that ended.

Bitches, try to spread turok around, thats a relief for those who are still playing.

a glympse of hope maybe.

but dont do shit like Flasher on facebook creating a turok group and insult everyone whos playing lol.

srsly
Assdigger
Assdigger

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-06-01

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 27th January 2015, 15:03

Lol, Ry, you moved a lot off it's own context, like usual. We will start from last. Hooligan is one of persons that use Skype, and if he not have it ON, he traveling, it how was last 2 times (maybe I am wrong). Azface said that he not saw him there. So I assuming he traveling. Why so negative , Ry? I hope , Hool not die from marihuana, hahaha, it would be bad then. (joke)
And not play with facts, Hooligan have like you said now, very long history of playing with Hector, so If we follow your logic, Hool would left game from first days... But he played more games with hector then with me, just example. So..i not have wish to comment it more. Forgive me.

About fixing problem with hector, I not know what you wish?! He is suspended! And I have clear, own view about him. No more comments from me, on that some1 why this vis and why that. It happened, so Hector was on my server, played normal, was more friendly with me then ever before, in our past, which was big progress, later he returned in revenging ciclus. Context was only and only on your last returning intro this game, Ry, when you make own system how to give people again chance. If you missed point of my words. I did my own step too.

About numbers, I still saying it is trash talking and you under wrong impression. But hold self please. And I said it in longer context, cos in previus  writing, you can see that I wish to say what is purpose of GoT. So it is not clearly about numbers (like 'I don't care about are some1 cheater or normal player', but I care for it, Ry, no mether what you think about me and compared me to icekilla) Ty.

Hector was in your clan and in others, and it have to show that he played longer time, that he is not one alien, and that he was under some models / mentors, but it not showed enaf strong to show him right path. That was point. Critic only. And no time for your joking with me ('Yeah, cheers for that.)

Hector is victim, I was victim too. Bad models was ruling everywhere. And , honest , latest bad model, I saw, Ry, is on your server, cos  I can't talk free there. I think, it is same like you see my letting hector to play on my server, after you ban him on own server, it was bad example for you, but same goes for your server rules, when I look on it. I keep respecting freedom of others.

Again, about same person, hector is removed from your server with good reason. I was wrong to trust that he will continue own good behavior. It showed with his auto aim program which he all time tested in front our nose, when played on CT's server, then on yours and on end, he use it again, vs me. So, good job there , Ry. I failed to notice it fast enaf.

About anti cheat, not comment what you not used. He even updated it with ss collector, so all processes can be send to host. So real aim bot can be detected like service, visual. But not fix multi connection problem. Jeff trusted him, Sebas too, and I was only who need  a bit, longer time to accept that fact, that cheater makes anti cheat, like jag was said in black humor joke, even I was spreading news like it is something easy to test. Was hard. But was for real, it was unique hope to find some people who using it.

You are free to believe in montage. That is all what I will say about photos and rest 'proofs' about him.  After all I was spend many time in play with hector, analysing his small mistakes. All is about psychology. He said all. That is real proof for me.

You can keep tear words off own context, but I will not replay, on this way. This is last example, after I spend time with those 'bad' people, I saw how life can be unfair. I not accepted your decisions and judging, Ry. You and me, in ideal, should work on saving this game, but that not happening. I spend couple hours in and you doing same, per day, and best of all is: your time zone goes flawless with mine, so with this way of admin we was ectualy able to do a lot for new people. Sad, it not happened, and I am person for blaming with full right, if I was slow my pride on time, and let you to do boss job, maybe we now would doing best possible for this game. But we would lost some ideas, it is why you not my boss! GoT is not another 'evil' clan! It is group, with people who believe that can change something. You can insult me forever, calling your clan was right thing and I now just doing 'own fun' But you so wrong, and with help of others, we will show you that this game can be moved up.

One note for all: If any1 mix context of this writing, if he thinks that I think something bad about Ry, he not getting it right, then. I am very happy that when my server goes down, Ry is there with his server, so people not alone. Ry have good heart. And I have special respect for his love to this retro game. Please, forgive me, Ry, but I keep my right to say what is on my mind, to do things on some other ways , if that is for helping some people. Simple, we are not one head. And we, thinking opposite sometime. (metaphoric) Ty.
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 27th January 2015, 15:08

Assdigger wrote:
Assdigger wrote:When Dave and I hosted a few years ago and we allowed hector in for having helped us host, shit went ok for a few days.

but i think you all know how that ended.

Bitches, try to spread turok around, thats a relief for those who are still playing.

a glympse of hope maybe.

but dont do shit like Flasher on facebook creating a turok group and insult everyone whos playing lol.

srsly

Tnx, digger for throwing small amount of fotons on us. Yes, like we  readed here, Hector helped some1. Old news for me, but, maybe new for some1. I am sorry, cos you and other guy, on fb, having verbal fight, but you are mature persons. : U
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by jag 27th January 2015, 15:52

as you can see vis : ( just check that link that ry showed lol)
lordserafan aka matalobos alias hector is not 14yo...

I suggest we send him a blow up barbara-doll to have something else to do than fuck up the games
jag
jag

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2014-04-01

http://jagercondoms.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Assdigger 27th January 2015, 23:52

It's exactly this kind of bullshit that makes people not to want this game anymore.

i hope grimms idea works out well.
Assdigger
Assdigger

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiggy 28th January 2015, 05:33

Well this conversation got out of hand fast.

I would like to start by apologizing for digging up old arguments, since this wasn't my intention by doing any of this.  GR1MM and I are only trying to bring some exposure to this game again and hopefully expand the community of loyal and honest T2 players.

I believe that thinking this game is dead and beyond hope is the wrong attitude to have.  Yes the game has basically fallen to obscurity at this point but it doesn't mean we should accept that.  I think we should all fight to keep the T2 community alive.  If anyone disagrees with this logic, then I don't understand why they would bother to post in this forum or even continue to play this game.

I think that people within the T2 community need to work together in order for the community to grow.  If all everyone does is argue about the same old bullshit, that's going to scare people away from even wanting to play the game.  Part of the problem is that the few individuals that are willing to spend their time playing and maintaining this game don't see eye to eye, so there are distinct 'factions' of players who only host their own servers and play according to their own rules but won't cooperate or even play together.  This is the unfortunate truth and I believe that this will ultimately lead to the downfall of T2.  In order for this game to grow or even continue to exist as a community we all need to work together to set rules, maintain servers, and do whatever is necessary to uphold order.

As far as Hector goes, I can't say I was completely unaware of what was going on since GR1MM and I suspected that he was cheating based on some of the apparent inconsistencies in his play style.  I for one however, do not tolerate cheating in the slightest, and I don't believe in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. chances.  If he is a known cheater, we should at least maintain order in the servers by using proper admin to kick/ban him or any other offending player and notify players of known cheaters as birdskiller suggested.  A better long term solution would be to come up with a program to deal with the cheaters as jag suggested, but in the meantime we can at least use proper admin to maintain the current servers.

We were able to distribute about 300 of the T2 business cards that we made at the convention over the past weekend, and we'll honestly be lucky if we get just 50 people to look at the youtube video, install the game and play it for more than 10 minutes.  Even if 50 people did install the game, less than half of them would play it for more than a short period of time, and we would be lucky if even a few of them decided to stick around and become a part of the T2 community.  I'm not at all worried about new cheaters coming into the game, since none of the new players even know how to properly configure the game or get the files.  I agree with vis that we should give every new player a chance and try to make this community a welcoming place for everyone to play T2, but if anyone is caught cheating or being a bad sport they should be dealt with accordingly.

Sorry for my rant, but it upsets me when I see so much infighting going on when we should be working together to help keep this game going.  Hopefully we will see some positive impact from GR1MM's and my efforts, but only time will tell.
Wiggy
Wiggy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by sOdOmIzEr 28th January 2015, 06:24

I'll play even if it comes down to just me and a couple other people who play sporadically.  The game's fun, the community is laid back, and it's hard to forget a game like this.  We really do have something here, the game has lasted longer than pretty much any 1999 FPS.  We just have to have an established group of people, really.

As far as cheaters go, we can always just ban people who do cheat.  I doubt any of the people that come would cheat in the first place, and 0% of them would stick around for years like Hector

sOdOmIzEr

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ry 28th January 2015, 12:38

vis wrote:Why so negative , Ry?
I'm not being negative about Hooligan.
Before CT and I were hosting again, it was just you hosting. Hooligan had no other place to play. Since CT started hosting again, that's where he's only been at. He doesn't join your server no more and he doesn't join mine because Hector cloned me while I wasn't around from what I was told, so he thinks I'm him at times and has even called me Hector in CT's server.
I've seen him quit when Hector joins CT's server and he's quit when he's seen me because at times he thinks I'm him.

He's had enough and he's not the only one.

vis wrote:About fixing problem with hector, I not know what you wish?! He is suspended! And I have clear, own view about him. No more comments from me, on that some1 why this vis and why that. It happened, so Hector was on my server, played normal, was more friendly with me then ever before, in our past, which was big progress, later he returned in revenging ciclus.
You asked why do people tolerate Hector. I asked you, because you let him play in your server. Seemed like a normal thing to ask.

vis wrote:Hector was in your clan and in others
Not that it's important, but after he was banned from [KOP], he started his first clan [CID] clan and that was it.
SEBAS created an all Spanish and Portuguese clan, but that never got anywhere. I don't know if Hector joined that, but if so, that's all it is.

vis wrote:Hector is victim
So he cheats for seven years without a break, getting worse and worse and he's the victim? He would be welcome like any other player if he didn't cheat. He's not a victim. He's an idiot.

vis wrote:Again, about same person, hector is removed from your server with good reason. I was wrong to trust that he will continue own good behavior. It showed with his auto aim program which he all time tested in front our nose, when played on CT's server, then on yours and on end, he use it again, vs me. So, good job there , Ry. I failed to notice it fast enaf.
vis, you've known very well that he's a cheater. You've said so in this thread about his auto-aiming. There's even a conversation on SEBAS's blog showing how Jager's had enough of Hector's crap on your server. You've noticed plenty of times.

vis wrote:You are free to believe in montage. That is all what I will say about photos and rest 'proofs' about him. After all I was spend many time in play with hector, analysing his small mistakes. All is about psychology. He said all. That is real proof for me.
I believe what I see and that's some little prick who has been cheating without a break for seven years straight.
Seven years of cheating isn't a mistake.
I feel banging my head against a wall for crying out loud.

vis wrote:Ry, when you make own system how to give people again chance
I didn't make any system to give people a second chance when I returned. I don't even know how 90% of things happened the way they did. I just know I saw people say things that weren't true and saw the same thing about them. It just made no sense to me.
I said before I didn't give Hector a second chance. I just wanted something to show for him being removed because no proof can lead to problems.

vis wrote:About numbers, I still saying it is trash talking and you under wrong impression. But hold self please. And I said it in longer context, cos in previus writing, you can see that I wish to say what is purpose of GoT.
Purpose of your clan is what? You've destroyed the clan system on this game. Any new person who joins T2, when you haven't even played a full game against that person, you'll ask to join your clan. You use this place and the Facebook T2 group that Flasher setup as recruitment places. You don't observe these people to see how they are towards others, so it's going to be no surprise if one of your members starts trouble, which has happened with you there and even on that Facebook T2 group, because you never observed them.

You're not willing to remove someone who has been cheating for seven years in a row, yet you're willing to do something about a bad member of your clan? I don't think so. When that doesn't happen, it just reflects bad on the rest of your clan members and yourself as it shows acceptance to what it is.

Back when GameSpy was alive and clans were alive, it just created problems with people feeling like they had to be loyal to a individual or a group because they didn't want to get banned.
People were threatened in other clans that if they didn't leave whatever clan that they would get banned.
Clan members would type crap to other clan members, even behind other peoples back.
Cheat wars with people.

You don't need to be in a clan to be called a friend. Showing respect to people achieves that.
You don't need to be in a clan to keep a game alive. People will play when they want to play. It's just simple.

vis wrote:compared me to icekilla
I wasn't comparing you to the Iceman. I was just sharing whatever it was about Hector.

vis wrote:And , honest , latest bad model, I saw, Ry, is on your server, cos I can't talk free there.
vis, you can talk free, but everything about you praising Hector is the type of crap I had to read, which I had enough of. I just told you that I'm done with the conversation, but you still went on and I'd browse the net until you were done. The difference between there and here is that it's out in the open now and that's a good thing, as this subject needed to be spoken about.

vis wrote:You can keep tear words off own context
I'm just pointing things out and telling the truth even with proof. What happens after that has nothing to do with me.

vis wrote:I not accepted your decisions and judging, Ry.
Don't. Keep Hector. I don't care. It has nothing to do with me. This is about new players arriving on a game that's not only dead but completely broken. That's one of things about being a server host. You get to run things your way and you've clearly been doing that as this thread shows. Your server, your rules. Do what you want with it. I'm just trying to help.

vis wrote:You and me, in ideal, should work on saving this game, but that not happening. I spend couple hours in and you doing same, per day, and best of all is: your time zone goes flawless with mine, so with this way of admin we was ectualy able to do a lot for new people. Sad, it not happened, and I am person for blaming with full right, if I was slow my pride on time, and let you to do boss job, maybe we now would doing best possible for this game. But we would lost some ideas, it is why you not my boss!
Take a look at your own words in this thread. How can anyone work with you. What on Earth are you working towards. There's nothing there.
Where did this "boss" crap come from. What's so difficult about banning someone who has been cheating non-stop for seven years straight?

I don't have to be your "boss". While I was away, people were already complaining about Hector cheating on your server. SEBAS's blog shows that and there's plenty of others who have said it in the game.

vis wrote:You can insult me forever,
I haven't once insulted you in this thread. I've only called Hector an idiot. The only thing I've said that be be considered an insult is that you won't do what has to be done because it's all about the numbers. I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

vis wrote:calling your clan was right thing
I never once spoke of my clan in this thread.
[KOP] was never the right thing. It was part of the problem and I've told you this before and many others. Clans were the biggest problem on this game. I wanted to close down [KOP] when all clans were active, but there's no chance clans would've shut down back then. GameSpy shutting down was a good thing as it wiped everything out to give a fresh start to this game, but you're only repeating the mistakes that have been made.

Wiggy wrote:I would like to start by apologizing for digging up old arguments
You're not digging up anything. The whole point to a forum is for people to discuss what it is, no matter how it sounds. As long as it's a clean discussion, that's all that matters. This is good, because it's needed. Everything talked about here is relevant to the problem.

Wiggy wrote:I believe that thinking this game is dead and beyond hope is the wrong attitude to have. Yes the game has basically fallen to obscurity at this point but it doesn't mean we should accept that. I think we should all fight to keep the T2 community alive. If anyone disagrees with this logic, then I don't understand why they would bother to post in this forum or even continue to play this game.
There's one person in this thread saying anything and that's me. It's ok to name me man. This has always been one of the problems of this game. Nobody wants to say what it is directly to who it is because in the past it got people hated and banned from servers. That type of crap needs to come to an end. It's how people are saying what it is that matters. A clean discussion at best. Best not to tip-toe around what it is. Just sink your teeth into it.

To get an idea of how the game has dropped. There are clan sites with many member lists for you to see on this forum. Those people aren't active no more and many members here aren't either. When I said the game was 95% dead, that's because of the amount of players that have dropped like flies off the radar, so I know what I'm talking about, as I played with them for many years.

A player called SEBAS even made a dedication page to the amount of players he's played with. When you see all of that and what there is now, you'll see that 95% of players really are gone. 

I got no problem with fighting for the game, as I've got over 3,000 posts, from when I constantly was posting in my picture threads in hopes others would participate, when GameSpy was working and when clans were peaceful, but if problems go ignored, then there's no room to be made for improvement. More problems will happen, as it did in the past. History's gonna repeat itself unless something's done.

Wiggy wrote:A better long term solution would be to come up with a program to deal with the cheaters as jag suggested, but in the meantime we can at least use proper admin to maintain the current servers.
Not to sound like an asshole, but this discussion has come up many times. Plain and simple, there's no solution. The only solution is to remake the game on a new game engine and program whatever it is to prevent what it is. A player called Basber was able to prevent looking through walls on one of his setups, but that's no longer the main problem, but still, great work done with what he's been able to work with. Without the Turok 2 source code, whatever that is, no hard editing can be done, so no serious problems can be fixed.
There are no programs out there either like Punk Buster. There's nothing for this game.

Wiggy wrote:Sorry for my rant, but it upsets me when I see so much infighting going on when we should be working together to help keep this game going.
Sorry man, but there are problems. Ignoring them, clapping hands and saying "Let's make this work." without doing anything is not going to work, because that's what's been going on all this time and if it doesn't change, then nothing will improve. The problem ain't in my hands though. I'm just addressing it and pointing it out. The rest is up to those who want to host a server and with new players joining, sure, they may open their own server, but hey, more open places for people like Hector.
Ry
Ry

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdskiller 28th January 2015, 19:43

hum not sure where this is going lol, but the irony is if hector sees this and how he turnt of the center of everything, this gonna flatters the ego i refered about Very Happy 

i only know 2 ppl who keep defending him vis, including you, all the other players, even the "newest" ones, are (were, for those who left game) unanime vs him. i'm not saying majority is always right, but that's really a big, very big, huge majority there...it really doesnt question you at all??

this all thread makes me wonder if it doesnt make hector, that even you vis admits cheats for now after some initial denying ("lag"), the winner...how ironic.

responsability isnt only bout hosts imo, who have indeed their own reasons/rights in absolute, it's about ALL players who keep arguing or falling in hector lame ways, when the solution, pretty simple, is to host their own server, or at least give it a try. there are several admins around who could give some help about, and about stuff to ban a cheater.

don't really know about the facebook drama....keeps convincing me of the highly stupidity of this application and similars (tweeter...), and the animosity/mimicry/brainless stuff it brings on and on.

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiggy 28th January 2015, 20:37

Alright Ry, you want me to be more direct? You got it.

Your bad attitude isn't helping anything, and coming into this thread making adversarial posts is neither wanted nor warranted. I understand that there have been and still currently are problems with players using cheats, but that isn't an excuse to throw your hands up and say that nothing can or should be done. As you said, the game is 95% dead at this point, and if we simply sit around and don't try to do anything (such as bringing in new players and enforcing rules on the existing servers) then the few cheaters that are left such as Hector will continue to drive the remaining players away and the T2 community will die out anyway.

I see no reason not to try doing something to bring more players into the game, and I stand by my decision to do so. I agree that there is a problem since there's no real permanent solution to players using cheats in T2, and I agree that there probably is no feasible permanent solution. As you said, the best way would be to completely remake the game on a new engine, which is a monumental task and will probably never happen. I'm not trying to sugar coat the facts and say that everything is puppy dogs and rainbows, or that we should "make this work" without doing anything; my point is that we should do everything that we can to make cheaters like Hector discouraged from even joining T2 servers and enforce a reasonable set of rules in the existing servers to make a fair and fun environment for people to play T2 in. As birdskiller said, everyone has a responsibility to maintain order here in the forum by keeping the petty arguments to a minimum and in the game by using proper admin to ban cheaters and enforce rules on their own servers.

The point of this little stunt wasn't to get your or anyone else's panties in a wad, but to do something for the T2 community in whatever small way I felt I could. I think you are overreacting to what will most likely amount to nothing, since most of the people that we advertised the game to last weekend will probably not even install and play the game at all, let alone stick around for a very long time. Moreover, the point of this experiment was to try to do something positive for the T2 community and to take a small step in what I believe is the right direction.

Since I've opened up a huge can of worms I'm going to shut the hell up now, as arguing about this isn't going to do any good since what's done is done at this point. For what it's worth, I apologize for getting so defensive but it irritates me that spending my free time and money trying to do something to help the T2 community has resulted in this negativity which is basically the opposite effect of what I was trying to achieve.
Wiggy
Wiggy

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 28th January 2015, 23:20

GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0143

GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0141GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0140GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0139
GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0144

Ty, bird : ) Let's keep game alive, indeed! GG's all! bounce Basketball cheers
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdskiller 28th January 2015, 23:24

i dunno if it will have any effect, i think what you wiggy and grim do was worth the try, and at least you tried to move forward Smile

as for the dramas, i'm categoric : turok 2 wouldnt be turok 2 withtout em, believe a drama queen words!

and to potential new players who might check this thread : first, you're welcome, second to reassure you, we still find the time sometimes to to play the game, between two dramas Very Happy

Birdskiller

Number of posts : 1278
Registration date : 2009-05-14

Back to top Go down

Post by sOdOmIzEr 28th January 2015, 23:35

Oh, you don't show the screenshot of the game I won, huh Vis?  You're ruining my reputation, here!

sOdOmIzEr

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2009-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 29th January 2015, 00:17

Hehe, grim's room again becoming what is should be, grim's room : )
We got jokers now!
And sodo is biggest joker, muhahahaha
Or I am !;-) 
Hehe, gj, keep rising spirit high!
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 30th January 2015, 01:02

GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0157

Special, for sodo! xDDD GG and GN
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by Assdigger 30th January 2015, 17:20

you guys totally forgettin to be sexy
Assdigger
Assdigger

Back to top Go down

Post by vis 31st January 2015, 20:40

GRIMM's room - Page 2 Pic_0158
Yea, digger your g.yness can't harm us xDDD (metaphoric, cos you not have it : )
See, Ry. Told you.
vis
vis

Back to top Go down

Post by Ry 1st February 2015, 00:05

Hooligan's been around for the last three weeks.
CT's server name was changed today called Ry's Shack. If it wasn't, he'd just be sitting in there like he usually does.
If Hooligan was a regular, your clan thread would show that.
Sorry man, but I'll believe it when CT changes his server name. I'm just going by what I'm seeing. Later.
Ry
Ry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum